Monday 9 May 2011

Hello, my name is Sarah, and I'm a blog-a-holic.

So recently I have been blog obsessed, now and forever known as blogsessed. I look at all these amazing blogs with super crafts and home decor and cute kids and just great ideas! I want to do EVERYTHING on them! This all started when I spotted Pascal Cupcakes on Disney.com. Seriously adorable. And then I got to thinking "These would be great to make for Harley's birthday! He loves Chameleons! Just then I see a link for Pascal Party Blowers, and I think to myself "thats genius!" so I click it. Well one thing led to another and I started clicking all sorts of links in the comments and it seriously inspired me. Now I am really going to start blogging! The real deal, not this once a month thing which I normally do! So here you go people, my first of the DAILY blogs!!

So as most people know, yesterday was Mother's Day, and if you don't then I pity your mother. Harley and I had my parents and my brother over for dinner and games. It was so great being able to spend time with my family, it feels like I haven't seen them in ages! We were also celebrating my birthday, which is tomorrow! It was seriously so fun.

To start out with dinner I made Chicken Souvlaki Burgers, this Rachael Ray recipe calls for gound lamb, but I'm not that adventurous so I switched it out for ground chicken thighs. It was so good it was freaky.

Just look at that! Doesn't it just look delish?! The feta tzatziki is the best, expecially on home made oven fries, my own recipe. Pretty much I just cut up some washed potatoes into thick wedges, drench them with lemon juice, and sprinkle on some oregano and thyme. Then I put them on a cooling rack on top of a baking sheet and stick them in a scorching hot oven. I had mine on at 450, then after about 15 minutes I turned it up to 500. After about 5 minutes at 500 degrees Farenheit I switched the broiler on to high just to crisp them up, make sure you watch them though, I almost burned mine.

Then I also had my mom make a cabbage and ramen noodle salad, my favorite. The funny part is, we both brought cakes! She brought me a delish ice cream cake from the Marble Slab, and I made her a devil's food chocolate cake (the kind from a box, except I added chocolate chips and 1/3 more milk than the box called for. It made it super moist). So I think I'm all caked out.. at least til I get a snack attack that is.

After dinner we played Pictionary Man, seriously this game is so fun. If you don't already have it, buy it! We also played a round of Apples to Apples, which Harley won, Scott and I were close on his tail though! So all in all it was a pretty fun evening!

Anyways, The kids are awake and I should go back to work.
Update you again next nap time!
-SP

2 comments:

  1. I am so excited that you are joining the blog world! It is such a fun way to share ideas and meet super creative people. Thanks for your sweet comment and have fun with your blog!
    :) Samantha
    Crafty Texas Girls

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG thank you so much! I am so excited that you are following me! Thank you so so so much!

    ReplyDelete