Saturday 11 June 2011

Wanted: Tom's Shoes

Ever since I heard about these on Mitchell Davis's YouTube account, LiveLavaLive, I have wanted a pair of TOMS Shoes (specifically THESE ones). TOMS is this great organization, where when you buy a pair of shoes off their website, and they will send a pair to someone in need. Their shoes are amazing, and I have heard from countless people how extremely comfortable they are. Seriously I just WANT a pair, or maybe 10 (hehe). Its for a great cause, the thing is, I just need to convince my loving husband to let me buy MORE shoes (our one and only shoe closet is already bursting with my obsession for shoes.. I seriously think I have a problem). The shoes aren't too expensive ($65) the thing is I just don't really need them (that's what he'll say anyways- even if it gives a pair to a person in need). Not that Harley's not a charitable or giving person. In fact he gives money to charity and humanitarian aid every chance he gets, I just don't think he'll go for this. Oh well, there's always christmas, I guess.

Also I just realized I haven't blogged in over a month, after making a goal to myself to blog more often. DANGIT. Ok I PROMISE I will do a post at LEAST once a week from now on. Dang my obsession with addiction to The Sims (and/or Facebook)! Hmmm what has happened in the past month... Well.. I got my hair cut (finally) and it looks sooo nice, I love love love it! Oh and we went Garage sale-ing this week and last week, got A LOT of awesome stuff! For example a breadmaker that has been used once, with a manual and everything for $20, a weed whacker for $20, a power drill and 2 power saws with re-chargable batteries for each for $150 (our most expensive purchase), a bunch of board games for $1 each or cheaper, a picnic basket for $4 (my favorite purchase), a couple of books for like $5 each, a gas powered lawn mower for FREE, an ironing board for $2, and a power sander and power polisher for $40. Pretty good haul if I do say so myself.

Also the other day we bought a butternut squash from the grocery store, but I can't find any recipes light enough that I won't regret eating the next day, it can get so dang hot in our house that all I ever want are light meals. Does anyone have any ideas for a light meal with an autumn vegetable?

Here is a nice photo to pull you through til I can post more pictures.


Cute in my glasses, isn't he?

No comments:

Post a Comment