Saturday 18 June 2011

Blaaaaaaa

Hello Friends!

I hope you are all well and prepared for Father's Day! I know that I am not.. but I have plans. I know exactly what I am going to get my dear old dad. I follow thenest.com via e-mail, and it is one of the best ideas I have ever had. They send me e-mails with great home design ideas, and recipes and so many fun and cool things. In one of the e-mails this past month they sent a Father's Day Gift Guide of 10 gifts under $50. Amazing. Well one of their ideas is this super awesome Scratch-off World Map.

The reason this gift idea is so amazing (just in case you don't know my dad) is that he LOVES to travel, and talks about travel and moving to some South American country (a different one every time we talk) all the time. So I think this is the perfect gift. The problem is that I am a GIANT procrastinator, and keep forgetting to order it! Booo procrastination!! I hope that all of you aren't as bad as me and have bought your dad's gifts already. We have (fortunately) already thought of and bought Harley's Dad's gift, so we aren't COMPLETELY horrible.

On a brighter note, Calgary is opening a new community in the SW called Castle Keep, and it is going to be INTENSE! I'm talking million dollar homes here people. I can't wait! The showhomes open next saturday and I am DEFINITELY going to be there. For those of you who don't know, I am in love with show-homing. I would love LOVE to be a show home stager. It is my DREAM! Although I do not know how to acquire such a position :(. I'm sure I would need design training of some sort, it all can't be done with natural talent and a love for it. Pretty sure we all know how well I do at school thought so it would probably just never happen. Oh well a girl can still have dreams, right? OF COURSE RIGHT!

This week has been kinda hectic as well. I have been preparing for my boss to come and watch me work all week. That means I have been cleaning.. well I wouldn't say constantly because that's not believable, but I've been stressing about cleaning constantly. I really hope I do ok. This is the first time I will have someone here while I am with the kids watching my every move. It is really very very scary. Wish me luck!

Oh and if you're wondering what I did with that squash, I made a delicious cinnamon-butternut-squash soup. The recipe can be found here.

Anyways, that's all for now folks!
-SP
Anyways that's all for now folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment